Monday, January 11, 2016

Weisinger's Hill


Weisinger's Hill
9 x 12 in., oil on panel
nfs

If you've followed my blog long enough, you might recognize this scene from some paintings I did a while ago. The vineyard and winery belongs to my stepfather, who started Weisinger Family Winery in Ashland, Oregon something like 30 years ago. I've been fortunate enough to visit several times, and have enjoyed exploring and painting in the vineyards (followed by a glass of Weisinger's Malbec or Tempranillo, of course!)

I used my old plein air studies to create this 9 x 12, and gave it to my stepfather this Christmas. As he now spends most of his time in Texas, I wanted him to have a window into the vineyards he spent so much time cultivating while he built the heirloom business he owns today. Love you, John!

-julie davis

1 comment:

Marilyn Flanegan said...

so many lush greens Julie - nice lead into your painting too.