Monday, November 2, 2015


The One with the Blue Shutters, study
6 x 8 in., oil on panel
sold


Taking two months off from posting was never my intention.  I promise that much has been going on beneath the surface. Like a duck's feet paddling underwater, I've been invisibly at work (and play), and I'll send out a newsletter soon with more about that (sign up for it on my website: www.juliedavisstudio.com), but it's time to get back to posting.

I came across this little apartment on our trip to St. Remy in Provence a while back, and admired the blue color they chose for the shutters so much that I stopped to take pictures. I decided to only paint the upstairs--there was not much going on at the street level. I think I envy whoever lives there. 

-julie davis


2 comments:

Bruce Bingham said...

Nice one. I like the centered text too. I always do that on my blog and get cranky when it doesn't listen. I guess it's a language barrier.

Barbara Muir said...

Love this, the blue is wonderful, and we were
in France in October and it brings the whole lush mood back to me. I've had a lot of trouble with my blog lately. Cannot explain to you.

But I love what you write and paint!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara