Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sunlit Entry

Sunlit Entry, 9 x 12
sold

It's been a really busy week--I've been challenged by Skip Whitcomb's workshop and am learning so much. This piece is the one I did on Tuesday at a ranch in Wimberly. Just as I finished, a 5 foot snake in a big hurry decided to head my way. Fortunately, he noticed me and did a 180. To top that, today an even longer one slithered within about 6 feet as I painted near the water. I'm thinking tomorrow I'm wearing those snake-proof boots my husband recommended! Yikes!

-julie davis

2 comments:

Róisín O'Farrell said...

Hi Julie, This is a definite progression. Great definition in tonal value and a strong composition. Wow, the biggest thing we have to deal with is an earth worm here. You're very brave.
Best wishes

Róísín

Laurel Daniel said...

I love the simple masses in this one. You held them nicely!